Law and Disorder | 8/1/18

Law & Disorder on August 1, 2018

Here is a link to the show Law & Disorder if you didn’t get a chance to hear it.

  • Question: My wife had a reaction to a type of bandage used after surgery. Mentioned it to the doctor within the hour of surgery, and now she has a burn scar where it was on her skin. Can we go after the doctor who ignored her complaint?
  • Answer: It’s the company that produced the product that you would most likely sue.
  • Question: I was in an accident 3 weeks ago. The driver was ticketed, and her insurance company hasn’t done anything yet to proceed with the claim. They’re getting different answers from them whether she’s called in or not. What do I do? I just want my truck fixed.
  • Answer: Contact them daily and contact your own insurance company to help assist you. When it comes to property damage it may not be worth hiring a lawyer, but if you have physical issues then definitely. 
  • Question: I hurt my hand at work, filled out all the company paperwork, and went to urgent care that day. The nurse practitioner said to come back in a week for follow up and gave medication for the swelling. No change after a week so she gave me a referral to see a hand specialist. I submitted the referral to the company 2 weeks ago, but the comp. adjuster will not get back to me. What should be my next step?
  • Answer: This sounds like a Workers’ Comp case. Contact us and we will point you in the right direction.
  • Question: What steps would a family member (aunt or grandmother), must take to fight custody of a 2-year-old child from an unfit mother? What kinds of things will prove that she is an unfit mother?
  • Answer: If the mother is intoxicated, not home, or the child is being neglected, then you might want to contact the Department of Children and Families. If the situation is less serious than that, then you might be able to file in the family law court where the child is a resident.
  • Question: If D.C.F. finds this to be a bad situation and a willing, capable family member is present, will they let the child go with them or put them in foster care?
  • Answer: In most scenarios they must determine that the family member is in fact capable prior to putting the child in their care. 
  • Question: My father is in jail for a DUI.  He was sentenced to two years in prison and has already served one. He lost his appeal but is still held with no release date. Florida Department of Corrections does not want him back. It seems like he is lost in the system. Are there situations like this?
  • Answer: It’s almost unheard of. We know several criminal defense attorneys, contact us and we can put you in touch with one of them.

Listed below are other recent shows if you missed them during the week.

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: June 6, 2018

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: May 30, 2018

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: June 20, 2018

Jeffrey S. Kaufman is currently licensed to practice law in Florida and seventeen other states. Jeffrey can be found on Justia Lawyers, Martindale Hubble, and

For more information please visit; or


Content Goes Here