Law & Disorder on June 27, 2018
Here is a link to the show Law & Disorder if you didn’t get a chance to hear it.
Question: Singer Maynard James Keenan is facing allegations of raping of a 17-year-old girl approximately eighteen years ago. When you have an accusation such as this, whether if you are famous or not, what is your protocol? If you did or did not do it?
Answer: If you did not do it, you can sue the person. Another option is to take three polygraphs tests, post the results showing that you passed all three; or pay for her polygraph.
Question: Are you are saying do this proactively before it gets into the legal system?
Answer: Yes. If somebody says you did it and you get arrested and sentenced for it. You are facing 15 years to life. If the person lied, then they only get about approximately 60 days imprisonment.
- Question: My grandfather slipped on the way outside of the store. It was raining and there were no signs saying the floors were wet. He ended up breaking his hip. What should I do?
- Answer: It is the owners’ property and if they are aware that there is a problem where people often fall in the same area, they have a duty to make that area safe and put up the signs.
- Question: My motorcycle was hit while parked. The lady took off and her insurance has ghosted me after they got the police report. They won’t return my calls and last thing I heard from them was that they found their client 100% at fault. They were to send out an inspector, but he didn’t show up. What should I do?
- Answer: This is a property damage case and unless your motorcycle suffered over $5,000 damage, spend $300 to file suit against the motorist in a small claims court.
- Question: Last night we went out to dinner and my 10-year-old daughter scooted her chair forward and the chair broke. Her finger got smashed between the metal rod and the seat cushion and from the pressure the nail popped out. The manager wouldn’t even ice her finger.
- Answer: The manager should have acted as a decent, caring human being and try to mitigate his damages.
- Question: Am I protected by simply putting up a no trespassing sign to avoid being sued if somebody hurts themselves on my property?
- Answer: You are probably not protected.
Listed below are other recent shows if you missed them during the week.
For more information please visit; Kaufmanlynd.com or Whenyouneedus.com