Do you have a local haunt you want featured on this page?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
The Haunted Road
Orlando | Select nights through 11/7
- The Haunted Road is Central Florida’s first drive-thru, completely contactless Halloween experience.
- The entire event was designed with physical distancing measures in mind, from contact-free check-in by QR code, to immersive drive-in scenes.
- The event features a terrifying mix of theatrical storytelling, horrifying creatures, unexpected scares and a twisted take on immortal tales to satiate the need for screams this fall, all from the comfort of your car.
- The original storyline presents familiar characters like you have never seen them before. As guests drive through each nightmarish scene, they’ll be immersed into a ghastly rendition of an untold story of Rapunzel as she journeys into a world of disarray, faces bloodcurdling creatures – and lots of shocking scares.
- Guests will be driving from scene to scene, and the story will come to life through set pieces, props, live actors, lighting, sound and visual effects to truly immerse you and your group into Rapunzel’s journey.
- Similar to a drive-in theater, you’ll tune in to a radio station to hear the stereo sound and music synced to the live action.
- At each scene, guests will be required to park their car in order to experience the terrifying story. Actors may approach the cars only while safely parked.
- A family-friendly version of the event will also be available during the daytime on select weekends. The daytime version will feature an adaptation of the immersive scenes and storyline, but trading screams for Halloween fun the entire family can enjoy.
- The event will take place in East Orlando at 15239 Lake Pickett Road, Orlando, FL 32820.
- Guests can get haunted on select nights from September 25 through November 7. Tickets will start at $15 per person and will vary per event night.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance online; there won’t be any ticket sales available at the event location.
- At the time of purchase, you will have to select a specific date and entrance time. The event is expected to sell out, so make sure to get your tickets early!
For more information, visit TheHauntedRoad.com
Busch Gardens - Howl-O-Scream
Tampa Bay | Select nights through 11/1
Tampa Bay’s premier Halloween event is preparing to return in a whole new way this fall with the 21st annual Howl-O-Scream. This year’s modified production will be unlike any other, including significantly enhanced safety and health measures at the core of the event. The event will be modified to feature open-air scare zones, limited-capacity admission with reservations required, and physical distancing.
Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event, available during 18 horrifying nights at Busch Gardens beginning Sept. 25 – Nov. 1, 2020, every Friday through Sunday.
A Petrified Forest 13 Years Of Fear
Altamonte Springs | Select nights through 10/31
Throughout time, great sorcerers attempted to summon past and present forces but failed horrifically, that is until now. Forrick, the most sinister mage, pierced the vale and summoned history's darkest forces. This year, experience three petrifying trails presented by our time traveling host. Plunge deep into the Dark Forest teeming with horrors defended by its own sorceress, be snatched back in time to a twisted carnival run by a brutal ringmaster, and finally fast forward to a groovy time in a seemingly innocent summer camp.
Gatorland's Gators, Ghosts and Goblins
Orlando | Select nights through 10/31
Gatorland presents “Gators, Ghosts and Goblins” a Halloween event that offers Fun for Everyone!
This all-ages daytime Halloween event is taking place the last two weekends in October and Halloween day!
Stroll through spooky areas like the “Graveyard of the Darned”, have an encounter with Skunk Ape “the Florida Bigfoot” at the Cryptozoo, then grab your Lederhosen for Frank & Stein’s Ooky Kooky Octoberfest, featuring live music from an undead polka band as well as German beer and food for purchase!
And don’t miss the “Monster Movie Madness Show” starring Bubba, Cooter, and members of the audience!
Plus animal meet and greets, fun shows, a variety of specialty vendors, games, giveaways and more! All this fun and excitement is included with your regular park admission!
Gatorland’s “Gators Ghosts and Goblins” October 19th, 20th, 26th, 27thand 31st!
This isn’t a trick or treat event, so we won’t be giving out candy. BUT Kids can wear family-friendly costumes if they like. (Nothing scary or gory, please, Bubba and Cooter are easily spooked).
For additional information call (407) 855-5496
Kissimmee | Year round
Mortem Manor Haunted Attraction is open year-round in Old Town, Kissimmee. Just minutes from Orlando and all major theme parks. Mortem Manor features 2 floors of award-winning fear, state-of-the-art special effects, live actors and animatronics.
Also featuring the "The Last Ride" - a burial coffin simulator ride that will leave you in total darkness, smelling the scents, hearing the sounds and feeling the movements as if you are being buried alive.
Dade City | Select nights through 11/1
SCREAM-A-GEDDON is what happens when the best minds in the haunted house industry come together in Tampa Bay, Florida to produce a premier haunted house experience.
Located in Dade City, Florida, just minutes from Tampa and Orlando, SCREAM-A-GEDDON is a Halloween horror park event like no other.
Face the Fear
Longwood | October 23, 24, 30 & 31
Face the Fear, the nationally recognized, terror attraction opens its doors once again for 4 mind-numbing nights of fun, frights, and fears that will you will remember for a long, long, time.
Halloween Drive-in Movie Nights
Old Town | Select nights through 10/25
Relive the fun and nostalgic feeling of watching a movie from the comfort of your car. This family friendly event is perfect for all ages and a great opportunity to watch hit Halloween movies on the big screen. Stop by your favorite Old Town shop or restaurant to pick up snacks, popcorn, and drinks before reclining back and enjoying the movie right from your car!
The Halloween movie line-up of popular titles is every Sunday in October:
- October 4: Beetlejuice
- October 11: The Nightmare Before Christmas
- October 18: Scream
- October 25: Hocus Pocus
Parking \ admission is $10 per vehicle and includes all seated passengers.
Tunnel Of The Damned
Orlando Forum | Select nights through 10/31
The main attraction at the “Orlando Forum of Fear” is the haunted maze, designed and executed by creative horror masterminds Patrick Braillard and Kim Gromoll, both formerly behind many of the most infamous mazes at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida. The attraction, recommended for ages 13 and up, will feature 20 masked actors and will wind 480 linear feet of horrifying madness through the venue. Throughout the season the maze will morph from the ‘Tunnel of the Damned’ to the ‘City Overtaken’ and will conclude with ‘Apocalypse,’ giving fear fans a reason to come back over and over again for new scares and frights.
The Dark Séance
Orlando Forum | Select nights through 10/31
The Dark Séance is a thrilling, five-star dining and theatrical experience that will stimulate all of your senses!
Join us for an unforgettable and unearthly night of intrigue as your host takes you on a journey into the darkness that will up your dread and send chills down your spine.
Your experience will begin as you arrive at the Orlando Forum of Fear and are escorted to our secret Victorian Séance Room. There, you will be seated at your own private table and treated to four course, five-star gourmet, meal befitting a last supper. While enjoying your dinner, your host for the evening will set the stage and share the stories of some of the most notorious and nefarious souls to ever walk amongst the living. Along with a sinful dessert, our hand-crafted wine list will not be the only spirits to join us for an after-dinner chat. Once the séance begins our skilled Medium will open the gateway to the ‘beyond’ allowing the dearly departed to engage with us for an unbelievable and unsettling experience that you will not soon forget.
The Dark Séance Haunted Dinner Experience, has limited seating and shows will sell out quickly. To be in compliance with COVID 19 CDC guidance, Our Séance room will be at 50% capacity with the remaining seats to be left for the departed to join us. Parties will be sat at private tables and masks encouraged. This is an intense theatrical experience and no one under 16 will be admitted unless under direct supervision of a consenting adult. Each week our ‘Mediums’ and hosts will share a different story and the performance will change allowing guests who survive the first time to return again and again.
DARK SEANCE DINNER EXPERIENCE COMES WITH A TICKET TO THE TUNNEL OF THE DAMNED.
UNDead In The Water
Tampa | Select nights through 10/31
UNDead in the Water is Tampa's only authentic nautical haunted attraction. Traverse multiple decks of this historic WWII cargo ship armed only with nerves of steel and a will to survive. Avoid being eaten by the infected zombie stowaways while the Ripper Squad Decontamination Crew fights for humanity's very survival.
Riverview | Select nights through 10/31
Screams take over the Pumpkin Patch select nights, this October! Brave 5 haunted attractions, a monstrous pumpkin patch and more!
Photo: Getty Images