Facebook stores data on everything you do on the social network. You might not realize how much you are actually doing until you check this out! It has EVERY single thing that you do .. including new friend additions, status updates, comments, messages, likes... this is a way for you to see what they know about you and what others might potentially also be able to see!
BUT it also can be used for you to follow your life & your events.. which is a cool thing too!
How to download your FB archive-
- Go to Facebook.com/settings
- Click "Download a copy of your Facebook data."
- Click "Download Archive."
- Facebook will alert you when your archive is ready.
- Click "Download Archive" again, and a zip file will download to your computer.
- Browse through that archive by opening each file inside the folder.
According to CNBC, you can now download your own archive to see what all they know, and what others can find out with unauthorized access.