Well this is a very interesting thing to think about.. AND I kinda get it. They interviewed and studied over 250,000 people. I am not 100% where I fall right now.
- Thinkers- The most common type of dieter, “thinkers” are motivated, analytical people with clear goals who are sensitive to negative feedback that can lead to stress and anxiety, which can easily derail their diet.
- Battlers- Coming in a close second is “battlers,” who are also prone to stress and anxiety, as well as temptation to make poor food choices. The study finds they need strategies to break the diet cycle and lose weight and keep it off.
- Cravers- This group has the highest body mass index of all the diet types and they’re most likely to experience intense cravings that may lead to binge eating.
- Pleasers- These folks are likeable, friendly and may be sensitive to criticism and social comparisons, so it’s important for them to surround themselves with positive reinforcement.
- Foodies- Passionate about everything related to food, they also eat the most balanced diet of all the personality types in the study.
- Socializers- This group needs flexibility in their diet so restrictions don’t keep them from enjoying social events, otherwise they’re more likely to fall off the wagon.