Law and Disorder | 1/16/19

Law & Disorder on January 16, 2019

Here is the link to the show Law & Disorder if you didn’t get a chance to hear it.

  • Question: I had a colonoscopy a few weeks ago. The nurse messed up my IV and I woke up in the middle of it before they removed my polyp. Can I file suit?
  • Answer: If you woke up and had a heart attack, injured yourself, require therapy, things of this nature, then you might have a case. The important thing is showing damages.
  • Question: I have been working for my boss for over 9 years and he has never paid over-time properly. It’s always been straight time, cash, separate from our 40 hours checks.
  • I am on the books and I am almost certain I have a case. I just don’t want to go about it the wrong way and lose my job. What are my options?
  • Answer: You may file suit and you may make a request, but there’s a good possibility that your boss may terminate you. If you accepted his illegal form of payments for years, you may not only have issue with your boss, but you may have a criminal issue with the IRS.
  • Question: I have my medical Marijuana card and my job does random drug tests. Could I get fired if I get popped and should I tell HR?
  • Answer: It depends on the functions of your job. They may be able to move you to a different position that might not require random drug testing.
  • Question: If you’re driving 2 miles an hour making a right turn and somebody bumps into your car. They don’t say anything, should you report it?
  • Answer: It is best to always contact the police in these situations. You don’t want the other driver to report you and blame you for the accident in the future as this does happen.
  • Question: The government sued 3M about the faulty ear plugs and won 9.9 million. What about the veterans who suffer from tinnitus and hearing loss? Do they have a lawsuit against 3M?
  • Answer: If you were using their product you may have suit. You can contact military disability and or the attorneys handling the 3M lawsuit.
  • Question: My uncle inappropriately touched my wife and she was too embarrassed to say anything at the time until he moved out of my home. Is there anything she can do now?
  • Answer: She should report the crime and might have a case if she can prove damages.

Jeffrey Kaufman can be found on Justia Lawyers and

For more information please visit: