Law and Disorder | 9/12/18

Law & Disorder on September 12, 2018

Here is the link  to the show Law & Disorder show if you didn’t get a chance to hear it.

  • Question: I live in a townhome with a homeowners’ association. My neighbors fight like cats and dogs and cops are there at least once a month. Is there anything the HOA can do?
  • Answer: Not really. They don’t have rights to do anything about it unless it is covered in by laws.
  • Question: Can I sue my HOA if I fell off my roof? I was fixing a leaky vent pipe and lost my footing and fell off my roof. Now my shoulder is in pain.
  • Answer: If the HOA is responsible for fixing the leak damage you may have a case. However, it is probably unlikely since you didn’t contact them to fix it.
  • Question: A person has brought a lawsuit against me after 3 years and 9 months. State Farm is telling me there is documentation that I had the green arrow. Why won’t an attorney take my case to prosecute this woman?
  • Answer: Even though you’re involved in it, the lawsuit is between the insurance companies and your insurance company normally has to pay. It is not necessary to hire an attorney, let your insurance company handle it.
  • Question: An ex wife makes around 100K and ex-husband is paying around 4 times what the court ordered him for the child support. Now, he is only making 70K a year and  his ex-wife makes 100K, and she wants more money.
  • Answer: The court doesn’t change the child support amount just because the someone wants more money. There must be a change of circumstances, such as a loss of employment. If you are paying what the court has ordered, then you don’t have to be concerned. There are family lawyers that we can direct you to, should you need additional assistance.
  • Question: In my old job the supervisor placed a 3x3 aluminum post on the second-floor balcony. The wind gusted up and the post fell hitting me on my head and I went unconscious. It was the supervisors’ fault, he told me. I ended up being fired for supposedly “milking’ the therapy sessions.
  • Answer: It is most likely a workers comp. case. Call us and we will point you in the right direction.
  • Question: I had thyroid surgery and 1 year later still no voice. I was told that I was referred to the wrong  type of surgeon.
  • Answer: For you to be able to proceed with a medical malpractice claim, you need a doctor in that field who will testify that your doctor committed malpractice.  
  • Question: I suffered complications from a local weight loss company. I have major stomach issues and the company refuses to refund without medical note stating that the problems were directly from the program.
  • Answer: You must have proof that this company caused these issues. Also, you need to prove that they breached responsibility to your injury.

Listed below are other recent shows if you missed them during the week.

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: August 8, 2018

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: August 29, 2018

Law & Disorder with Kaufman & Lynd: September 5, 2018

Jeffrey S. Kaufman is currently licensed to practice law in Florida and seventeen other states. Jeffrey can be found on Justia Lawyers and

For more information please visit:

101one WJRR · Orlando's Rock Station

Listen Now on iHeartRadio