Came into to and found out I had another show I had to do at the same time so I didn’t get to answer as many questions as I would like.
Here is a link to the show Law & Disorder if you didn’t get a chance to hear it.
- A 20 year old Oregon resident is filing lawsuits against Dicks and Walmart. Oregon law states you must be 18 years old to purchase a gun. However, these retailers will not sell guns to customers unlesIt depends they are 21 years or older. The resident feels he is being discriminated. Does he have a case? It depends on what test the court use to determine is age discrimination applies here. If they determine that the sale only applies to criminal issues and a store can set whatever age they like then they may find in favor of the the stores.
- A father wants to obtain custody of his child, but the mother has left the state. Is there anything he can possibly do without having to involve the court? He needs to check if she violated an original custody and if not he needs to file a claim in the court and state that has jurisdiction over the child.
- An individual was in a car accident, hired an attorney and was establishing a strong case. His ex-girlfriend hired the same attorney regarding a separate case; to go after his fiancé over a dog bite. After hiring the attorney, this individual was told that the attorney could no longer represent him because it was a conflict of interest. What advice can be provided? The attorney may have to comp of both cases, but if no harm has been done then you need to get another lawyer.
- An individual had his bike stolen. The bike was recovered and the impound charged $1,000 in fees to release the stolen bike. Is there a way to fight this? It may be difficult if the impound lot acted according to local rules of that jurisdiction.
- Can you sue you car finance company if the repo. man assaulted you and was convicted? You can but you may have to prove if they had enough control over the person to show they had a duty to make sure the assault didn’t happen.
After the show, I had time for two questions and had to run.
Listed below are other recent shows if you missed them during the week.
For more information please visit; Kaufmanlynd.com or Whenyouneedus.com